Home History of Buick Membership and Meetings Contacts Future Events Club Merchandise Buick Links Classifieds FAQs

This Website was launched in November 2010. The Club wishes to recognise and thank Gerard McDermott of GMAC Internet Solutions for his construction of the site and his assistance in uploading of material onto the site. Gerard can be contacted on 03 9876 0015 or gerard@gmacinternet.com.au.

Early Years


First Outing

The first outing of the Buick Car Club was on Sunday, 11th of June 1967 to the Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary.

Buicks in the carpark at
Healesville, 1967


<palign=center>Brian Dean's 1926 Buick
Lead car on the first social



The Buick Car Club Workshop

Clyde Chandler moved to Barkers Rd, Hawthorn. At the rear of this property was a large shed with an area of 1500 square feet. This shed became the Buick Car Club "Workshop". Access was from a lane at the rear of Barkers Rd and on any Saturday or Sunday, a range of Buicks would be parked in and near the laneway and club members would be working on members' Buicks or stripping cars that had been given to the Club. Spares were been cataloged and stored. At any time there would be up to 10 cars in the "Workshop", plus spares. Mr Jack Pinner was the Workshop Supervisor and Technical Advisor.

The Workshop at the rear of Barkers Rd, Hawthorn - 2005


Early Meetings of the Club

In September 1967, the meeting place of "The Buick Car Club" was moved to the Congregational Church Hall, corner Kent and Burnley Street in North Richmond.

The Congregational Church, Richmond. 2004


Early Club Magazines

The Buick Car Club of Australia produces an informative Journal once a month except in January for the information of members and interested parties.

The First Newsletter produced by the Buick Car Club was in August 1967, six months after the formation of the club.

From 1971, photo pages started to appear. Click on the year below to view the photo pages of that year and any other special articles from past editions of the "Buick Banner"